Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Blog fail....but that's my reality.

I just finished reading Sprinklerbandits very good and accurate post about what makes up a good horse-y blog.  I now have this overwhelming feeling that I suck at this thing.  Oooooffff, I am pretty sure that I met absolutely none of those criteria.  I have NO idea why any of you come back and read this mess.  I guess I may have possibly met one, I am usually brutally honest.

Not that I don't love and value you all, my enduring blog readers it's just that if I get to the end of any day and I am on speaking terms with my husband, my children have been fed, clothed and educated, my horses haven't bucked me, or any of my children off, I'll settle for no broken bones then it has been a wildly successful day in my world.  I am beginning to think that it isn't even worth entertaining the idea that I might ever actually remember to have a camera handy, then to remember to take a picture, not forget I took those pictures, not loose the camera, the battery on my phone not being too low to take pictures.  Then to find the time to upload those pictures? To write about those pictures?  To make it all coherent?  Then reread to make sure it really is not written in Pig Latin or some other language my semi-conscious mind made up.

You are long suffering few that return time after time.  So thank you!

BTW I entered an event derby this weekend at Novice.  Is it true?  Will Steady and I finally emerge from the ranks of Beginner Novice?  Well I guess we will find out this weekend.  There is a good possibility that we will completely crash and burn.  Elaina and Lily are coming too and doing a couple dressage tests! My first time showing at the same show as my daughter!  Can you comprehend showing and being show Mom all at the same time?  I sure can't, this may get interesting.  Ok and I am taking my two youngest along too so don't forget to add keeping two more kids alive, fed and happy Mom duty to my list of hats to wear this weekend. It is sure to be a fun weekend!!  Ha, and you all think I will remember to take a picture, isn't that sweet...;)

15 comments:

  1. Your blog is actually one of my favorites! I don't mind a lack of pictures - some of us just don't have the time/a camera man on hand! And I also appreciate detail in a post. Some bloggers don't post enough and I feel as if I've wasted my time reading it when it says absolutely nothing.

    Yay novice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly it's my personal belief that a blog is personal, and you commit and do what you want with it. Unless you are trying to make your blog pay for your life, why conform to someone else's laundry list of what arbitrarily makes a good blog? Be you, do you. You is what you are good at :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with L. Williams. A blog is personal and you can make it what you want. I try to make mine enjoyable for others to read, but in the end it is a chronicle of me and Shy. Keep up the good work! And good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you get to run your blog how you want :) It's personal and for your good, we just get to enjoy a glimpse into your horse world!

    Woo hoo about the event!! Can't wait to hear how ya do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't follow the rules either, lol. Figure if anybody wants to read it that's their problem! :) And I like reading yours!

    Yay for Novice! You'll have to tell us how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt similarly to you. I actually really like your blog. Plus if every blog I read was the same why would I have to read more than 1? as L said we blog for ourselves - or I do. And if someone doesn't like it then they don't have to read it.

    I will admit to being a sucker for pictures though! :)

    Good luck at Novice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog. Probably should have put it on the list with one of the best stories. :-) You are an incredible woman and I bet you're going to rock novice (as long as you survive the dressage).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you love your blog? That's all that matters! Plus it looks like you have a great bunch of readers that keep coming back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all have our own blog styles, and that's ok. I really just like having a place to vent, brag, and store photos and events chronologically that i can look back at.

    And yay for showing, especially with your daughter, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck moving up and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog could fail every requirement ever made and I would still love it. :D I'm not sure what it is that draws me to your blog, but it very well might be your blunt honesty. I love that about you! I try to meet the requirements for my blog and I think I have less regular readers than you do. I think the reason mine doesn't draw a bigger crowd is because I don't compete, so it's probably boring lol. Like everyone else said, blog because you love it. That's what is important!

    P.S. Yay about Novice!! Good luck at the show! I look forward to reading about it even if there are no pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely can't even imagine trying to show and be a show Mom at the same time. You must have super powers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! My blog isn't following any of those things either, doesn't shout outs or awards but hey - blogging makes me super happy!

    Good luck this weekend, you guys will kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE reading your blog. I keep seeing people reference SprinklerBandit's blog on this, and I'm sort of afraid to read it and end up feeling like I don't do it right either! But the truth is, I write the blogs for me. It is always fun to have someone give encouraging comments or commiserate every once in a while, but going back to re-read my earliest blogs on my horses has reminded me that I really did this a journal. I love that I have documented my horse journey, and that is what matters. But in your case, people clearly enjoy your story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I mentioned this post in my blog post today. Just because you don't follow the rules doesn't mean people don't love your blog! I think being a "good blogger" is overrated. You definitely have a compelling story that keeps people coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!