Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Horse show this weekend.

Steady's first horse show in his life and my first in 15 years.  Am I nervous?  Ha, um, heck yes, I am!  Are you kidding.  I know it will all be fine.  I mean my goals are to first of all not fall off, no one get hurt and have fun.  Having fun will be the hard part.  Sad but true.  When I get nervous I get stressed and when the perfectionist in me shows up it is hard for me to get over myself.  It should be an easy step into the show ring though so I think I will be fine.  I will only be doing a couple classes.  English equitation and hunter hack.  Really it should be no big deal, haha, I say that now.  My final lesson before the show will be tomorrow.  It will also be the first time we do two jumps in a line.  Which we will have to do for the hunter hack class.  I am just crossing my fingers that the jumps aren't bright yellow(he had and issue with those last lesson).  This will kind of be the trial run for the mini combined trials that we are working towards for November.  I can't think that far ahead though because my stomach will be in knots.  So I will fill you in after this weekend to how it all went.  I will need to get a new camera card before then so that I can document this occassion with a photo and be able to share it all with you....lol..I don't have any followers :)  but hey someday maybe someone will read it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog; I rarely check followers, so I really don't know who's reading. Glad you like it! Good luck at your first show! So fun! :) I have shows this weekend too...hope you do well. Eventing sounds so fun! I want to try it with my horse next season, but...we'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can absolutely do it! We are starting at shows that offer Green as Grass combind trials and derbys. I found that eventing and the people that do it are so helpful and laid back. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!