Moonlight's stall has been a source of issues for years. It does not drain properly and it doesn't help that there is a leak in the roof above his stall which makes it basically a constant wet mess. I have tried getting gravel hauled in and grating it. I even had a failed attempt at making a small trench so the pee and water would run out of his stall. Which it would work to a certain extent but once outstide the fluid had no were to go. So a few weeks ago as I was in my frustrated state of mind trying to figure out a solution. It occured to me that if I moved all my feed and stuff I (and by I, I mean my dear, sweet, patient, hard working husband) could put a stall in.
So I decided it was time to do some rearanging. Saturday was spent setting posts, cutting boards, moving stuff, putting up boards and viola a brand spanking new stall was done. Steady now has a next door neighbor and Snappy is freed from the forelock pulling bully. It is a win win. Not to mention Moonlight not having to deal with a wet mucky stall ever again, Halalujah!!!
I would post a picture but I have seen some of the barns that people board at and I am a bit embarassed of my not horse barn that I have done my best to convert into a workable space for my four legged friends. Don't get me wrong I am soooo grateful for my barn and the fact that it is workable so I can have my horses but it is just not the same as some of the boarding facilities out there with all the fancy schmancy pants stuff in some barns. I am not knocking it because if I could afford it you better believe my horses would have the best out there but they are quite happy witht their pasture and stalls and that is all that matters. I never have to deal with turnout times, or too many riders to get in a good ride so it does have it's benefits ;)