Monday, March 28, 2011

How do you feel when I say the words...

County Eventer?....

I am having this one shipped to me as I type.  Description: County Eventer, 17 1/2" seat, brown, narrow tree with cover.  Thanks to you all and a friend I have scraped the idea of a new Fletcher and going with used.  I found this saddle and am crossing my fingers that all the saddle luck in the world will be with me for just a brief moment and this saddle WILL fit!  I promise to pass the luck along.  In other saddle news I accidentally stole a saddle over the weekend.  Yes you read that right, long story and I won't bore you ok maybe I will but not at the moment.  I will be returning said stolen merchandise tomorrow.  So then I won't be a thief, or maybe I will still be a thief, I don't know.  I guess I don't know how this whole criminal thing works.

So what do you think of the saddle?

5 comments:

  1. Looks sharp!! I hope it fits The Steady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counties are usually very comfy. As an AP saddle, it has a deeper seat and a straighter flap than I would want to ride for jumping, but that will depend on what you like, what you are used to, and how you are built. Is Steady really a narrow tree? Wow -- I can't say that I have ever met a horse who was a true narrow, inspect fit very carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen, crossing my fingers.

    Eventer79, I do not know. The reason I tried it is because a friend has a similarly built horse that fit a county narrow. And every single medium tree I have put on him sits directly on his withers. So I thought I would give it a try. I would say if anyone is a narrow it would be Steady but what do I know? I guess I am looking at it as more of a experiment to see if a narrow would fit. Can you give me any tips on what to look for in a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I hope it works for you guys. The flaps aren't super forward, but since you're not jumping super high yet, it should be ok.

    There are entire books written on saddle fitting..

    In fact, I highly recommend this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Horses-Pain-Free-Back-Saddle-Fit-Book/dp/1570762929/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1301413276&sr=8-2

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accidental thief LOL! That sounds like me. :) That saddle is really pretty. I hope it fits!

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!