Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The month of, "NO EXCUSES"

I love this statement that Shannon made and am adopting it.  What is it that you haven't been doing that you wish you had time or energy for?  That thing that is standing between you and the you that you want?  For me it is more than just one thing and in more than one area of my life.  There are things I have been stressed and frustrated over that I felt I just couldn't fix for one reason or another.  Most of the reasons(excueses) have to do with too little time, too little energy and too little money, too cold, too wet etc.  Well I am done making excuses for why I can't have what I want!  So here it is I am following suit with so many bloggers I read like ShannonCalm, Straight, Forward, and Trainng my OTTB.  They have made it known that they are making "no excuses" and going for what they want.  March has been an enlightening month and I have had distinct moments that I have said "I need to make a change".  There are other aspects in my life that I want to make changes but since this is a horse blog I will keep it to the horse/riding related revelations.

Fitness!  More specifically my core.  My stomach, back and chest are weak and unfit.  How many times have we heard that good riding requires a strong core.  My excuse for this one has mostly been that I just lost 45 lbs isn't that enough?  The answer is NO!  It is not enough.  It is time to take the next step and get fit.  So "no excuses" I am going work out 5 days a week.  Primarily focusing on cardio and core but not negleting the other areas like butt, legs and arms.  It is time to make a change and the time to do it is now.

Training!  I need to step it up a notch if I want to make the kind of progress I hope to make this season.  My biggest excuse for the is the weather.  Now reality is I do live in Indiana and when there is 6 inches of ice on the ground I cannot ride.  But we are past that now and I find myself still saying, "well it is only 35 degrees outside and it is windy, boohoohoo".  That stops now.  Like I said I live in Indiana and if I wait around for the weather to cooperate to ride then I may as well throw in the towel now.  So "no excuses" I am riding 4-5 days a week.  I do not have a plan as to what our rides will be like right now because I am still feeling out where we should focus but riding with a purpose each time.  A purpose to make progess, build strength and have fun!

There they are and by the end of April we will be well on our way to who we want to be!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well said! My motivation has been flagging, but once I get over the respiratory nastiness, I hope to be back on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "no excuses" plan is in full effect!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally doing this too (even if I don't blog about it)! I'm sick of complaining about all the crap I can't stand anymore and not doing anything about it. Complaining hasn't helped so it's time for me to take things into my own hands, lead by example and start making some progress (mostly on the crappy fixer upper house I live in). Thanks for the motivation. I really needed this. Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!