Tuesday, April 19, 2011

At first he opposes but quickly he approved.

I am speaking of the S-man, though reading that title makes me wish I could say the same about my husband and my recent saddle purchase, eeek.  Beth Draper, aka, equine chiropractor came to visit last night.  We actually had a 4-h meeting at the fair grounds and she met us out there.  He was all excited and not paying attention when we got there.  He was moving around and being difficult until Beth got her hands on him then he gladly stood completely still.  It amazes me how much he enjoys it.  He was out all over but better than he had been last year.  He had his shoulders, withers, lumbar and hips all worked on.  The difference in his walk afterwards was night and day.  He had his usual big moving hip swing back!!!  I tried to scan in his card she give me to show where he is out but my scanner is being difficult but he was out in his left hip, L1-L6!, T11, T4 and T5.  She got everything back in except she could not get 2 of his lumbar back in so we will be seeing her again within the next 30 days.

Now he is adjusted and once his new fancy saddle gets(can't come fast enough!!! but it is on it's way) here we should be in good shape to keep all gears full speed ahead.  I haven't decided if I am going to shoot for the may schooling show or not.  I really pushed us to get there for April and really the only reason I did that is because my two friends and I had agreed to make that our goal to show together in April.  Out of the three of us I was the only one able to get there in April because of those unpredictable horsey type of set backs.  But I may have spent my show budget for a while and don't know that May is doable but I am sure going to try to make it work.  But my ultimate goal for right now is to get Steady healthy and fit for Event Camp in July.  I want to be able to go there and get our arses worked and not have to have them take it easy on us just because we are not prepared.

1 comment:

  1. That's great. I can't wait to get a chiropractor out for Chrome. I think it would help him a lot. I'm just having trouble finding one and I'm scared to spend the money right now not knowing when my husband will be going back to work. Maybe I can find someone who will use him as a demo horse lol. :D

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!