Monday, November 7, 2011

I want a friend.

How sad does that sound??  I do have friends.  At least 1 or 2, ha, but I don't have any horsey friends near by.  But what I really want is a friend that just loves to do barn projects.  Like pull off boards and lay gravel and screw up more boards and move stuff around and dig dirt that kind of stuff.  Ok that is probably not very realistic to have that kind of help but it sure would be nice.  My husband is usually this friend.  He reluctantly will do my barn projects with me.  As of late though I have not been able to convince him that it really IS more fun than laying on the couch after you have worked all day.  I have some projects that should really be done before the harsh cold hits.  Quite honestly we are lucky it hasn't hit yet but I look at the list and get overwhelmed and don't do them, humph...sometimes the life of having your horses in your back yard can get completely overwhelming and I for a very short moment have boarding envy.  End whine.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't it suck that the people we seem to have the most in common with are spread all over the country? I often think; if I could just have these three bloggers at my barn, I would have the best frickin' time ever!! I would totally do those projects with you, and then we could go on a kick ass trail ride and I know you and Steady would trek right along with me and Cass. All my local friends are total arena divas:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg..me too. I have no barn friends that are close by. I'm always out there by myself (whine) and I just want a friend that luvs her horse and wants to hit the trails, that is close by..and yes, that we can help each other out. Le Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh trail buddies!! That would be awesome!! If only it weren't for SO many miles between us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO that for my friends . . . wish they would return the favor sometimes. I wish my horse was old enough to ride and that we could all board together at some dream barn or just be neighbors lol.

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!