Tuesday, June 21, 2011

24 hours later and his nose is still bleeding...

Instead of getting ready for my trip I am nursing and worrying about my horse.  I am almost certain that the blood is coming from a cut in his nose so if that is the case my mind is a little more at ease.  Though I do worry it could be coming from interal damage, but that is a very slight chance.  The flies have gotten so bad today and he is violently chasing them.  Flinging his head and all that and I think that is why the blood is still coming.  I just put him in his stall and put a hay bag in the air so that he has to at least elevate his nose some of the time and it also keeps the flies away.  Just wanted to update.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a fly mask you could put on him? That might help calm him down a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez. I hope you guys both get to healing up mentally and physically quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. get some Swat on it. that'll keep the flies off. Hope he recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby! I wouldn't worry too much if it isn't just gushing blood. Keep us updated please!

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!