Friday, March 30, 2012

We are ninjas!

I so wish I had someone around to take a picture today.  I didn't take notice until I was tacking up that I had a black shirt, black breeches, black boots, black helmet and riding in a black saddle.  I was really close to getting my black saddle pad but figured that would have been too much.    We had a great ride.  It was very windy so he was up and really wanted to canter.  After me having a fit trying to keep him at a steady trot.  I then had a brilliant idea,  "why not let him canter".   Man I am quick.  So we cantered and it was a lovely, collected, uphill canter on a 20 meter circle then around the whole arena.  I think he was just trying to show me that my boy is back!  It was great all around.  I got off and was letting Steady graze when I had the urge to sneeze.  And you may ask why a sneeze would be so significant.  What happened next was one of the most painful moments in my entire life, (mind you I have delivered an 8 lb baby with NO pain medication so I understand pain).  So I sneeze and I hear a POP! and feel a consuming, paralyzing pain, radiating from my rib area, that makes me fall to the ground and tears instantly start falling down my face.   I writhe around on the ground holding the lead rope thinking please don't step on me Steady.  He looked at me took a couple steps toward me as if to say, "uhhh whacha doin down there?" then continued eating.  I eventually made it to my feet put him in the pasture then got the kids in the car to drive to the ER.  By the time I made it to hospital that excruciating pain had turned into a strong ache.  After a waste of 3 hours I was sent home pain meds and some rib care instructions.  I am essentially fine.  I just have a more limited use of my right side.  Well by limited I mean I can't do anything that requires lifting my arm or using muscles on my right side.  This is annoying and next to impossible for me but I can assure you I am trying.  Though my definition of taking it easy is to finish putting up a fence, tear apart a board on a trailer ramp and wrestle out old rusty screws and lift bales of hay, climb up and down from the hay loft and do all of my regular responsibilities around here.  See my husband has many many great qualities but being a decent care taker is NOT one of them so I really have no choice but to push through and make do the best I can with my left arm and for God sakes never sneeze again in my life!

Oye! over all I can't complain, I can still ride and the pain isn't constant, just when I move wrong.  Some fun and exciting things are happening but I won't have time to share right now but here is a teaser.  This is sitting in my driveway right now.

8 comments:

  1. Cracked ribs suck. I remember having them and every time I would laugh, I would double over. I hope yours heal quickly! And no more sneezing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is your new trailer - CONGRATULATIONS!!! It looks fantastic!!! :) ... and get well soon with those ribs. ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. y'know you and Karen should come down for a rolex visit with ponies in tow. Talk to her about it;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, Karen and I will work on a plan! Thanks for the offer, it sounds like good times and trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trouble usually means fun. Of some sort. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! No sneezing!!! I'm glad sweet Steady didn't step on you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!