Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Shhhh, can you keep a secret?

First things first Polka Dot Periodical is having a contest so go on over and check out her blog and follow her.  I don't usually do contests because I just don't feel like I ever win anything but I am playing along this time.

So I don't keep things from my husband.  No matter how bad I think the repurcussions might be I am just a transparent person.  I love honesty and hate lying.  Breaking trust is far worse than being honest even if it is hard, in my book.  There are times though that it seems that is not true and today is one of those.  I did something naughty today and need to find the very best moment to break the news to Ryan.  I am working on that plan.  I'll let you know if I come up with something.

You guys on the other hand will be excited for me. Mostly becuase you understand my obession, ahhh I mean, passion.  Well and the fact that the money won't be coming out of your bank account helps too.  I not only signed up for XC schooling with Dorothy Crowell at Kentucky horse park for next weekend but I also sent in my entry for Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge.  I will be on a BN team put together through IEA (Indiana Eventing Association).  Ryan knows about the schooling. The Horse Trial? Not so much.  But I am super excited!! 

We are jumping at S's house tomorrow.  Last week went really well.  Steady was a bit looney warming up but once jumps started to become involved he focused.  Elaina and Lily were challenged with some things they have never done and did it all beatifully.  Including jumping solid 2'3" fences, jumping a single barrel and bending lines.  I was quite proud of the two of them.

Unrelated photo but unbelievably adorable.
Kelcie age 4 helping with chores.  The fairy tales got it wrong it's not a princes kiss that makes you a princess it is a pony's.

 
And remember Tuesday is the day that the contest ends!


12 comments:

  1. Yay for Midsouth! I think it's great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really exciting I can not wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited for you!!! You will be within about 10 miles of us next weekend! Where is the horse trial being held?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That team challenge sounds like so much fun! We should put a blog team together next year, haha. Good luck breaking the news :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooohooo!!! I will come watch at Midsouth! Jealous of schooling with Dorothy. What a fun fall you have set up! Wooot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo sounds like exciting things planned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that photo is priceless... If he understands your addiction this far, he will understand the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for playing ;) Hope you win! Adorbs photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of exciting things coming up! And most adorable photo ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! I have your exact same views on honesty. Transparent is a good word. :D Good luck telling him!

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!