Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh no not again.

I don't even want to say the words but I think it may be true.  Saddle fitting problems(I think I just vomited in my mouth a little).   Though I am NOT giving up on the Albion yet I really think if it was reflocked it would make a world of difference.  I doubt it has ever been done and if it had it has been a long time.  Steady is fighting rounding his back and strongly protests making the trot to canter transition.  He seems agreable enough once in the canter but after 30 minutes or so of working I start to get strong resistance to going forward.  I have persued as many avenues possible (not being a vet nor being able to afford one for a very unobvious problem).  No sign of unsoundness and my final assessment was last evening I jumped on bare back and did not get resistance.  Course of action.  Ride bareback as much as possible and I am awaiting some shims from the sweet sweet Aimee at Sprinkler Bandit for my thinline in hopes that may help.  Event camp is quickly approaching, oh yeah, that means I must send in that check!  And we will have an appointment with a saddle fitter and I hope she can get us on the right track.

God bless it all I did not know that with horses came so many damn issues(something I must have been oblivious to as a kid).  If things ever do right for more than a day I won't know what to do with myself.

1 comment:

  1. More than a day? Now you're just getting greedy! If you ever get things to work for that long, let me know what it's like because I'm not familiar with that one!

    Your buddy in the madness of horse ownership -- eventer79

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!