Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ready or not here I go....

Plane leave tomorrow morning at 8:30am.  In 12 hours I will be on the plane and this time tomorrow I will probably be walking the farmers market in Grass Valley!  It is hard enough to leave all children of the two and four legged kind and now with Steady and his still open wounds I know I will be worried.  I plan to make the best of my time and I pray he can heal well on his own.  Dang it I wish I knew someone who could handle an OTTB antic while trying to apply medication.  His cuts are still deep and open and his nose bleeds on and off.  But I must go and don't know of any more options.

I am excited and hope all the goodbyes are easier than I think they will be.  I have NEVER left my children for this amount of time EVER.  Not even close actually.  Nor my husband for that matter.  I think it will be good for me though I know it will be tough.  I am praying that this trip will bring me back relaxed and renewed to get back into my life.  My life that has really seemed to take it's toll on me as of late.  I NEED this break.

My friend adopted a mustang 7 days ago and I am so excited to meet him and see him progress while I am there.  She is doing a video diary of his gentling so I have been able to see how far he has come already.  He is goreous!  She has an amazing heart for animals and has choosen to not go the route of children to be able to help animals the way she wants to. 

My children jumped on my netbook recently and cracked the screen so I do not know how often I will have access to a computer or internet.  I will try to update over the trip while things are fresh but we shall see.

Thank you all for your well wishes for Steady and I.  Keep them coming.  And if any of you are going to be in Indiana in the next 2 weeks can you stop by and check on my guy and clean his wounds and rub ointment on him?  I would be forever grateful :)

3 comments:

  1. Lol! You will have unlimited access to the internet silly! You will be sleeping next to a giant iMac:) OMG!!!!!! Five more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun. It sounds like you really need a break and this should be perfect.

    PS Crabby Tabby, maybe she's mac illiterate. It's not as uncommon as you'd like to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things improve and that you have an awesome time on your trip. Sometimes a break is just what we need. Try not to worry too much. I'm sure Steady is going to be fine. :)

    Is your friend going to make a blog for her mustang?

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!