Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This post will probably sound like I have ADD which who knows I am sure I would have been diagnosed with it if that was as popular then as it is now.  But all these things are running through my head and I need to get them out.

I leave in 8 days for Northern California to spend 12 days riding in the Sierra Mountains, Tahoe National forest, Point Reyes beach and Empire Mines.  I am sure I will see beauty I have never seen.  I am riding Rex, a morgan my friend is leasing for me.  Rex is currently jumping 3 feet and in training.  He doesn't have a whole lot of trail experience but is calm and level headed.  I can't wait to meet him!  We will also be riding out to a vineyard with the horses and wine tasting.  Which I am excited to do.  We are also going to the opening of Buck in San Fransisco!  I am nervous leaving for that amount of time but my husband assures me the animals will all be alive when I return and the kids are headed to Grandma and Grandpa's so they will be spoiled well taken care of  while I am gone.

I am also having a seemingly regular panic attack reguarding money but what is new there.

The vet said give Steady 3 days off before returning to work and that he would be as good as he will get in a week.  So I really hope I can get a ride in before I leave where I can really feel the difference.  I also hope all this time off will not be a set back for us in regaurds to event camp.   I had a goal to have him fit for camp but at this point I am not sure how fit he will be with almost 3 weeks off the month before.  But I am happy that we can ride in it. 

Speaking of event camp, it is less than one month away!!!  I will have a lesson with Peter Atkins, Leslie Law and Dorothy Crowell each day for 4 days in a row.  All food will be prepared for us by a fabulous cook and I am much looking forward to getting to know the other 45 riders.  This will be a week in heaven for me.  Me+Steady+awesome trainers+awesome food+ awesome people = doesn't get better than that!!!

Free halflinger!  My Dad has this adorable little 3 year old halfy that he just doesn't want.  I had her at my farm for almost a year but I sent her back to him because he wasn't even paying me to feed her while I worked with her.  She was very sweet, she was calm, she has had a saddle and a rider on her back but not much because of her age .  She is broke to drive and will make a fabulous little eventing pony.  I want her for my girls.  Perfect world I would take her from my Dad and train her over the next 2 years and then my daughter will be 10 and the halfy 5 and they can do pony club together.  Sigh, had I mentioned my panic attack over money??  That is all that is holding me back.  Just feeding the little pig and pig she is.  She is also an easy easy keeper.  So I am not 100% decided if I am going to take her on as a project.  Oh if I lived closer to my parents, then all my horses would be out on their 15 acres of pasture then so many of my money woes would be settled.

Steady goes to the chiro on Monday.  He will probably be feeling so good by event camp that he will be a complete handful.  Here's hoping for no involuntary dismounts!

Before and after photos of Steady feeding Progressive Nutrition.


4 comments:

  1. Whoa, I see why bareback is not your favorite ;)
    That Haffie sounds like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip - it sounds heavenly. Everything will work out, just relax and have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow amazing difference. He looks awesome!

    Wow your trip to California sounds absolutely amazing! I want to go lol. Have tons of fun and take bunches of pictures for us please.

    Do you have anyone who can lunge Steady for you while you're gone so he doesn't go all pasture puff on you? I'm sure you can get him fit in time even without it though. He is a Thoroughbred after all lol.

    I'm excited about the camp and can't wait to hear how it goes.

    And if it makes you feel any better I have money induced panic attacks at least twice a week lol. I wish someone would just give my husband a job! He's a hard worker and can learn anything so it shouldn't be so hard to find something but the economy does really suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds absolutely amazing. Have fun! And eventing camp should be an experience of a life time. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!