Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sexy new bod photos.

Not of me but of Steady.  Trust me you should thank me :).  Here he is on 5/19.  He started on Progressive about 5/1.  Approximately 2 1/2 weeks later he is looking better than I have ever seen him.




I would like to see some more filling out in the neck and behind the withers but the rest of his bod I think is dead sexy!



Also did you notice something missing from his back?  The saddle marks shed out with his winter coat!!!  It makes me so happy to not have to look at those things anymore.

Soon he should reach a perfect weight and I will then need to figure out the best way to maintain.  Progressive has a maintenance feeding scheduele that I will probably follow for the time being.  Along with his weight/health progress has come a even more forward horse.  This is something I think I will deal with until the day he dies.  He is a goer but I do love that about him too.  It is just a matter of finding ways to keep it at a functional level.

4 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! Are those dapples that I see? In my experience, the best way to fill in the withers and neck on a horse is work, work, work. The topline is more muscle than fat. But, you also need to get groceries into the horse do develop muscle, so you're off to a great start! It will come with time.

    This is completely off topic, but I must see more pictures of that absolutely adorable little mini! The mane! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is lookin' good! Sexy beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much better! I'm glad you've found something that works.

    As Shannon said, topline will come with correct work. Have at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow he looks awesome and I'm so happy the saddle marks went away. :) Good job finding what works for Steady. You deserve a big pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!