Monday, May 16, 2011

Too much talking not enough riding.

I guess it is a combination of a bunch of things.  The main reason I haven't ridden in a week is when I went out last Tuesday to ride I noticed swelling in Steady's right front leg and pastern.  He didn't seem sensitive to touch or lame at all when  I lunged him but I thought it best to just give him some time to see what it does.  It has slowly gone down and I am pretty sure that last Monday with his herd bound fits he probably just knocked himself with his left front.  Something he did quite often right off the track.   Then there is that heat.  Whew it went from 40's to near 90 over night.  It was more than any of us cared to do anything in.  The horses with their winter coats still half entact were sweating just standing still.  My energy level is at an all time low and I don't know what the deal is with that issue.  Along with that goes my motivation.  So in a nutshell I have nothing to update in the riding front.  Saturday is looking like it might be quite lovely.  I am considering taking the girls for the first trail ride of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Weather changes like that make everyone miserable. I hope it straightens out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Steady and I love your feedback, so don't be shy!